Huawei Watch Fit 2, mini review, don’t waste money on this
I got the Watch fit 2 classic for its good look.
Alas look is all what is good in this watch.
- There are no emojis at all in notifications. When you receive an emoji it’s just removed. You don’t even know something is missing. We are in 2022. Everybody I know use emojis. It's impossible to text with friends without emoji. Even a cheap Amazfit 2 mini (80€) does show emojis.
- You can answer to text with emojis ... which doesn't make sense at all given you cannot even see emojis in notifications. But if you send an emoji to a friend he will probably assume you can read it and send emojis too ... What a nonsense !
|There is a nice selection of emojis to answer text messages.|
- You cannot sync data with Google Fit
- Step counting is completely off, reducing by more than 20% what other watches counts. Some discrepancies are perfectly normal but this is way too low.
- App store is practically useless with not even 20 available apps.
- Assistant is only available if you use a Huawei phone. No way to replace it with Alexa. But you still get the unremoveable assistant icon in the left pannel. The Amazfit GTS2 Mini does have Alexa.
- Music player doesn’t let you choose an artist or an album, just a playlist, if you made it from your phone. Music transfer by bluetooth is so slow it can take hours to achieve.
|If you don’t want all your music messed, just listed by title and mixing every artist and album, you must prepare playlists ...|
Even for 159€ this watch doesn't justify its price. A basic Amazfit GTS2 mini is a much better choice for half the price.